KINGSTON SHIRT

KINGSTON SHIRT
BLACK

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dec. 15, 2010

I was inspired by the sweet testimony of an innocent 5 year old to write down my own testimony. It’s been a long time since I’ve shared it with anyone, so thank you Aliah.

I have a testimony of the power of prayer. When things are out of my control, out of my hands, all I can do is trust in the Lord, never lose Faith, and Pray. Prayer has helped me get through the hardest chapter of my life. It kept my son ALIVE. Through prayer I was comforted when I was frightened most. It calmed me and gave me strength to keep holding on. It brought me closer to my family and friends. It brought me closer to God.

I have a testimony of the Holy Ghost. While it was the contractions that inspired me to call my doctor, it was that “still small voice” that told me not to go to Lake Powell over the 4th of July, long before the contractions started. I know that had I gone, Kingston would not be here today.

I have witnessed the miracle of Life. I have seen a Strong spirit come into the world, given such a tiny, frail body, and fight to hold on- a true miracle. My miracle!

I know that Jesus is the Christ, My Savior, Lord, and Redeemer. I know that through him we may all be saved. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and is here for me when I need him most. He has helped me through my darkest hour and never given up on me. He has blessed my life with a loving husband and beautiful son. I am so thankful for the gift of life and for His love. I say these things humbly, in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!

That calls me from a world of care,

And bids me at my Father's throne

Make all my wants and wishes known.

In seasons of distress and grief,

My soul has often found relief,

And oft escaped the tempter's snare

By thy return, sweet hour of prayer!

4 comments:

  1. I thought I already commented, but I guess not. I love your testimony. I told Aliah what you wrote and she felt so special. Hopefully your words will spark someone else and they will put their testimony out there too, and it will just move on and on!

    ReplyDelete