KINGSTON SHIRT

KINGSTON SHIRT
BLACK

Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010

Well my little fetus is like a real baby now! Today I got to work with the OT (occupational therapist). She is going to be working with me on breast feeding my little man. Not sure if he is going to be able to do it, but we're sure gonna give it a try! Today he latched on and even sucked a little. It's gonna be tricky to get him to keep breathing while he does that, breathe, suck, and swallow...all at the same time! Poor thing tuckered out after a few seconds. :) Well this was just the first attempt. I am so glad that i get to experience this with him. When he was done I held him while he was fed. He was high sating the whole time, just lovin it! (his feeding tube is now in his nose with the nasal canula that he is on (1 liter!) so for once in his life his mouth has nothing in it! YEAH!!!

One of Christian's buddies let us borrow the preemie clothes from when they were in the NBICU so we got hooked up! I get so excited to dress him in his little outfits. (although i am not that coordinated yet, and it takes FOREVER! i still love it! )

Just called the hospital and he has been moved to room 6! Room 2 was much more private with only 2 babies to a nurse instead of 3 which he will have now, but it is exciting to know he is doing well enough to graduate to the bigger room. We will miss little ms. Aaliyah (his roommate) and her parents.

I'm kinda jumping all over the place today. Almost done, I feel so blessed to have Kingston in my life and love watching him grow and progress. We are so greatful for our sweet miracle and for all the prayers and support that we are getting. Kingston in 10 weeks old now! (34 wks gestational) He is 3 lb 7 oz and 14 3/4 inches long. Our little man's really growin up!

1 comment:

  1. So so excited for this post!! I am glad he is doing so good. I am actually going to be there on wednesday night. I gotta drop off some thank you's to my nurses, hope to see ya there

    ReplyDelete