KINGSTON SHIRT

KINGSTON SHIRT
BLACK

Monday, July 4, 2011

Kingston's First Birthday

Today we celebrate the soldiers who have fought for our country and our freedom, today I also celebrate my little soldier who has fought for his life. Today is a day for celebration!

Kingston is 1 year old today and weighs 13 1/2 lbs. While that seems very small, he's gained 12 lbs in 12 months and I think that is pretty darn good! He has beat so many odds that were against him and has overcome so many hardships and battles. He is my little fighter. He has taught me so much! He is strong, loving, happy, and has the sweetest spirit! He has brought our family so much joy!

He had eye muscle surgery on Friday and it went very well. We are so blessed to live in a country with so many great resources and doctors. It was hard to see him in pain but he handled it so great. He is one tough little guy. As a parent you want to protect your baby from any pain and I would have given anything to be able to go through it for him instead of have to watch him go through it and I think that is how God feels. It would be much easier to take your childrens pain from them, then have to watch them go through it, but you know that is not possible and that this is something they must overcome and you have to watch, be supportive, be there for them, bring them comfort, and when it has passed, you realize this was something they had to go through and that they will be stronger for it. Kingston is so brave and strong and the trials he has faced and continues to face make him who he is. They are a part of him. He is such a great example to me to never give up no matter how bad things may look or how bad things may get. You have to take them one day at a time, sometimes hour by hour, but if you never lose faith and hope and continue to pray, you can get through them. God Bless America today and God bless the preemies! :)

1 comment:

  1. Amber I loved reading this! I admire you and Christian so much and the faith you share is a strength to us all! I'm so glad the surgery went well...he definitely is such a fighter. Love you guys tons!!

    ReplyDelete